Friday, January 18, 2008

I keep forgetting to title my posts.

Today is a day gloriously free of obligations, which is perfect because it also happens to be the first day of the Secret of the Stole II knit along, which I joined, even though I have previously listed myself as a KAL failure. This time, though, will be different. Really. I mean it. Stop laughing! I have no obligations today, and I have every intention of knitting right through the first chart before the end of the evening.

The Nantucket Jacket is ridiculously close to being finished, and I finished a pair of socks on Tuesday. Unfortunately, my camera's USB cable is somewhat MIA, so you only get to see one sock:



But I think you can imagine what the other sock looks like. I used Knit Picks Essential in the Volcano Twist colorway, and I think it's great yarn, which is good because I got a ton of it for Christmas.

In other news, you know those striped socks I mentioned last time? The idea was completely enchanting for about three hours. Now I don't care. Why, you ask? Because I found something better to do with leftover sock yarn.



Fishies!!! (When faced with digital camera difficulties, a scanner can be very useful.) I got a wee bit obsessed last night. The one you see above is my favourite, knit out of some leftover Trekking XXL. I see a glorious fishy blanket in my future, and am somewhat unreasonably excited about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fishing for compliments? Cute fishies! I can barely make out the sock but I'm sure it's a lovely sock.

And of course this KAL will be different.