Friday, April 20, 2007

finals finals finals

So this morning I was doing normal morning stuff (get dressed, trip over the cat, burn myself on the toaster oven, etc.), and the knitting came pouting over to me with one of those "I'm depressed and it's your fault but I'm going to pretend like everything's fine" looks. Generally I ignore such silly behaviour, but I make allowances for my knitting. I mean, it's my knitting. So I said, "What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing..."

Ok, fine. I went back to burning myself on the toaster oven.

"It's just you've spent all week with those textbooks!"

Slightly surprised, I said, "But you know I have exams next week."

"That's not an excuse. We were together before you had exams."

That doesn't even make any sense, but again, I let it slide. Knitting.

"Listen, this isn't because I don't like you anymore. You know I love you. You know I want to spend every waking moment with you. But, if in the near future you want me to have disposable income to spend on you, you have to leave me and the textbooks alone for a few days."

The knitting didn't answer. It slunk back to the knitting basket (where it belongs) and I went to work. I thought about telling it about the lovely long train ride we'll have together next week, or the lovely nice yarn shop we can visit in Detroit, but it's being so pouty I don't even want to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes in a relationship, you just have to let the little things blow over. Don't worry. You're doing the right thing, and it'll come around. I mean, after all, it's knitting.